Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Additions??? continued.....

Last evening Rosy Cotton laid an egg!!!! Bad news is....she laid it in the bottom of the cage! So, I put the egg in the nest box so that she would hopefully get the idea that THAT is where she is supposed to lay eggs!! I checked later in the evening, and somehow she had buried the egg under the nesting material. I unburied it and didn't check again until today.

Day 4. Feb 18 - This morning when I checked.....the egg was missing!!! I searched through the nesting material, and finally found the egg, but it was broken. :( I don't know if Rosy Cotton ate it or if it just got broken from her scratching around.

Rosy Cotton is spending more and more time in the nest box. It seems every time I come into the room, she is in it. I don't know exactly what that means, but I hope that it means she is figuring out what it is for.

I expect to see another egg tomorrow. They generally lay eggs every other day until they reach a clutch of between 2-8 eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment