Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Additions??? continued.....

Day 18. March 4- Sassy 7!!! I can't believe that Rosy is still laying eggs!! This time she laid the egg in the bottom of the cage, and I had to put it in the nest box. I'm not sure why she did that. I'm a little bit concerned that all she knows how to do is lay eggs and she won't actually incubate the eggs and have them hatch. Then, if the eggs actually hatch, will she know how to feed and take care of the babies? There are so many things to worry about when dealing with an inexperienced pair. I'm still not sure she is spending enough time sitting on the eggs. She is in the nest box most of the time, but she will leave the nest box at the smallest noise or disturbance near the cage. God created these little creatures to just KNOW how to do these things...so I guess I need to stop worrying about it and just see what happens. I'm expecting the first egg to hatch in 9 days....that is when the "proof is in the pudding" as they say. Here's the latest picture:

I took this picture with a different camera. The quality is better, but I'll have to zoom in more the next time I take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment