Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Additions??? continued....

Day 23 March 9- There's nothing much to report on my budgies. Rosy spends ALL of her time in the nest box now. She only comes out rarely to stretch her wings and get a drink or go poo. There hasn't been another new egg since March 4th, so I think she is officially done laying and is concentrating her efforts on incubating them now. I still think the first egg will hatch on or around March 12th (this Friday!!!!), but that could be off by a few days.

Rodney has gone into the nest box a few times. I really think he is lonely for Rosy. Sometimes he will get very agitated and hop around the cage and cling to the side and chirp really loudly. After he has his little "temper tantrum", he will settle back down again. I hope that he is a good daddy and helps out after the babies hatch. He has been a very attentive "husband", so I think he will make a good daddy too.

1 comment: