Thursday, June 10, 2010

ABCs of May?...OK June now: W is for....

W is for...

Wilt Thou Follow Me?

"Wilt thou follow Me?"
The Saviour asked.
The road looked bright and fair;
And filled with youthful hope and zeal
I answered, "Anywhere."

"Wilt thou follow Me?"
Again He asked.
The road looked dim ahead;
But I gave one glance at His glowing face:
"To the end, dear Lord," I said.

"Wilt thou follow Me?"
I almost blanched,
For the road was rough and new.
But I felt the grip of His steady hand
And it thrilled me through and through.

"Still followest thou?"
'Twas a tender tone,
And it thrilled my inmost heart.
I answered not, but He drew me close,
And I knew we would never part.

Author Unknown

A couple of years ago, I bought a book at a homeschool curriculum fair called "Poems For Memorization", I have had the kids memorize a few poems out of this book...not as many as I would like, but I still plan to have them work on it throughout their school days. This poem was in the book.

This poem touched my heart in numerous ways. It is about the heavenly Father begin with His children and never leaving them, no matter how rough the road of life becomes. There is so much comfort knowing that.


W is also for....

Waking up.

Every morning I wake up to the sounds of my birds singing, sometimes I feel like I live in a jungle! LOL

Their aviary light is on a timer and it automatically shuts off at night and turns on in the morning. I don't even need an alarm clock, my birds are my alarm clock.

Even though the aviaries are down in the basement, its surprising how loud 12 parakeets and 6 finches can be! They are especially loud first thing in the morning. It's like the wild birds outside when the sun rises. It's as if they are telling each other "Good morning! How did you sleep?" Sometimes, when I am really not ready to wake up, I wish they would keep their greetings down to a whisper!

Plus there is the jockeying for position, and the "pecking order" comes into play. It's as though they each have their favorite perch, and if someone "lower" in the pecking order sits on someone elses perch...boy does the chatter start!! It is so funny to watch them!

I have learned, by the sounds they make, if they are happy, mad, or scared. I think every species has their own language. If a human happens to own an animal as a pet, I think they should take the time to learn their language. It not only makes for a happier pet, it's really interesting as well!


Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment