Monday, June 7, 2010

ABCs of May?..Ok June now: U is for....

U is for....

Unbelievable.

*Okay...firstly...I was unable to finish the alphabet in May, but as I am not a quitter...I will finish the alphabet in June!!

Now, back to unbelievable....

I am continually amazed at the unbelievable grace and mercy of God. I had a situation this past week that was meant for evil, but God in his awesomeness turned it into good.

I have been under a lot of stress. Things just seemed to continue to mount on my shoulders. I felt the burden of school, of my looming final exam, and the possibility that I would not be able to complete the course before my year ends.

I also had the added stress of the kids final week of homeschool and getting all of those ends tied up.

Plus the thoughts of my husband coming up on a year of being unemployed, and the financial implications of that.

I was dwelling on the "what SHOULD be's" and I lost sight of the FACTS of God's abundant provision. I kept thinking about all the plans that we had made for the next few years, and how those plans are on hold.

In other words....I was very depressed! It was the most depressed I have ever been....verging on hopelessness and despair.

Then, in the midst of my literal dark cloud that was around me, I had a situation where a couple of people tried to cause strife in my marriage.

When I thought I could not take ANOTHER THING....God rescued me!

*I had a talk with my husband about school, and he told me to look into getting an extension so that I can have another month or two and I won't feel so pressured about my deadline.
*The kids final week of school could not have gone smoother.
*God continues to supply our needs...and I was able to pay the bills. Though Scott is out of work, our bills are not behind, and we have plenty to eat.
*I was able to talk with my really good friend and sister in Christ, who helped me to see that this short "diversion" from our plans for the future is just that a diversion, and this difficult time in our life will not last forever.
*And the plan of those to cause Scott and I to become torn apart backfired, and we are closer now than we have ever been. Our marriage is stronger, and our love for each other greater than ever before.

I am so thankful for a God who in my weakness, He is strong. That He continues to uphold me when I can't uphold myself, and He will use what is meant for evil and to hurt and will turn it into good.

Matthew 19:4-6
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator `made them male and female,' 5 and said, `For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? 6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

2 comments:

  1. What you said about the fact of God's provision reminded me of what I'd just read on another friend's blog, about how spiritual battles don't HAVE to be so dramatic -- God's already won: http://titus2woman.wordpress.com/2010/06/03/one-little-thing-i-am-learning/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tendency in the past and still do it some to this day, is to focus on all that is wrong, all that has to be done, all the bad. God is always faithful to show me that I need to stop being a 'navel gazer' and get my eyes back on Jesus, keeping my heart, mind and soul stayed on him the author and perfector of my faith. I had wondered why you hadn't moved on from 'T'. :) Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete