Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gratitude for Grace



"Thank You, dear Lord, for the beautiful way You teach us. Thank You for Your patience when we fail. Thank You for Your understanding in the midst of all our own confusion. Thank You for reaching down to us when we would never have reached up to You. Thank You for stopping us when we were running in the wrong direction, for setting the hounds of heaven after us. Thank You especially for Your grace. For by grace we have been saved through faith; and that not of ourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. What a great reminder." *Charles Swindoll*

I have been reading my daily devotions from Insight for Living by Charles Swindoll. The above quote was taken from today's devotional called Gratitude for Grace. The part that stood out to me most was God's patience when we fail. I'm so grateful for that because at times it seems I fail more than I succeed. Thank you God for Grace, and for Forgiveness!

No comments:

Post a Comment