Thursday, February 24, 2011

His compassions never fail.

It is a very trying experience to have continuous pain. I suffer in some way just about every day. Most recently it is ulcer-type pains (gastritis) in my stomach. It is one of the things that bothers me from time-to-time. I do not know what causes this pain, and I do not know how long it will last. I am confident, however, that eventually it will subside. Until then, I am trying not to despair, and I am trying to stay focused on the truths in God's Word.

My devotional this morning was entitled "Remembering that God is Faithful", and the verse that it focused on was:
Lamentations 3:19-23

19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I believe that God's Word has the answers for any situation, and I believe that there are no coincidences with God. It was not a coincidence that my devotional was a reminder of God's faithfulness, right when I needed the reminder!

"The truth of the matter is that all we have to do is live long enough, and we will suffer." Quote from a book I am reading called "How Long O Lord?" by D.A. Carson

It is not an easy thing to accept that in this life there will be suffering, but it is such a comfort to know that God is compassionate and faithful, and will see me through my suffering. It is also a comfort to know that this life is but a speck in time in comparison to eternity. When I get to heaven to spend eternity, there will be no more suffering or pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment