Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ABCs of May J is for....


J is for....

Just born.

I have been mulling this post over in my head all day. I couldn't think of anything interesting happening right now that started with J. It's funny how life can just throw things into your lap.

Olivia was on her nightly trek next door to my parents house for ice cream. She was walking up their sidewalk and heard this high pitched squeaking sound. Upon investigation, she discovered that one of the barn cats, Nermil, was having her kittens right beside my parents house.

I'm not sure what happened, but my dad said that she had had the first kitten ON the sidewalk, and then moved it beside the house and had a second one. This is not Nermil's first litter, so I don't know why she had them right out in the open. She is still in labor with more kittens and she was acting VERY strange. She left her kittens and was chasing one of the other barn cats around the yard. It was very weird behavior. It wasn't like she was trying to chase the cat away...it was more like she was trying to play with it. I'm not sure what's up with her. She is normally a very friendly cat, but when I approached her, she practically attacked my foot! So, needless to say...we left her alone!

Olivia was very concerned for the kittens. She is afraid that Nermil won't take care of them. She wanted me to intervene and try and raise them. I told her, that I was sorry, but raising kittens was WAY different than raising baby birds! I told her that Nermil has raised lots of kittens before and that she knows what she is doing.

If anyone can explain her strange behavior, I would be interested to know why she was acting that way. I know she was being very protective, and also was still in pain from the contractions....it was just really weird.

Life in the country is never boring!!

I was able to get a few pictures of the kittens while Nermil was away chasing the other cat.






























Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."


No comments:

Post a Comment