Saturday, May 1, 2010

ABC's of May: A is for.....

I'm stealing this idea from a friend of mine who has a blog, and she did the ABC's of April. The idea is to blog each day of May and use the next letter in the alphabet. We'll see if I can make it all the way to Z. If imitation is the highest form of flattery, then I am flattering Marcy by stealing her idea!

A is for......

Ambitious. I have been very ambitious today and I got all my flowers and herbs planted. I just hope that I wasn't TOO ambitious and planted them too early. I'll be praying that we have no more frost!!!

Here are some pictures.


This is a close up of my begonia. It is so pretty!


Here are some close ups of my Gerbera daisy's. They are one of my favorite flowers!


Olivia was a very good helper with the flowers. She may end up having a green thumb like my mom. After we were done with the flowers, she still wanted to play out side, so she used her imagination and made this terrarium, at least that's what I think you would call it.

After this picture was taken, she added some of her Polly Pocket figures to it so there are little plastic birds and other creatures in it. It thought she did a good job.

While we were working outside, we noticed that a robin had built a nest in my chocolate vine that is growing by our back door. Here is a picture of the nest, but the bird wasn't in it at the time.


It will be fun watching the progress of her eggs and babies. It is very near our back deck, so we have a really good view of it, especially when I use my bird-watching binoculars.

I also planted some pansy's by my back door, but I don't have any pictures of them yet. They are pretty bedraggled looking right now. I will take a picture of them after they have "perked" up a little bit.

Song of Solomon 2:11-12

"See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land."

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That begonia is lovely.

    The A-Z thing wasn't my idea at all -- found it through some fellow bloggers, who found it at http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

    Looking forward to your version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerber daisy's are one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete