Thursday, May 13, 2010

ABCs of May: K & L is for....

K & L is for....

Koontz Lake

OK, I admit it...I'm grasping at straws for this one! :) I couldn't think of anything for K or L, so I combined them and all I could come up with was Koontz Lake.

Koontz Lake is either a town, or a lake, or both. It is where I grew up. It is a tiny little town in Northern Indiana. The population in 2007 was 1,551.

Koontz Lake has 1 gas station, 1 grocery store, 1 laundry mat, 1 protestant church, 1 catholic church, and 2 bars. It has no Post Office...(so, is it technically even a town? I'm not sure.) I find it ironic that there are as many bars as there are churches. Why is it that even the smallest towns in America have at least 2 bars?

Koontz Lake is average small-town USA. The big difference is the lake. The population increases in the summer months because the "city folks" come to the lake for vacations.

It is really a pretty nice place, a great place to grow up, a great place to raise a family. I've lived in other places, but Koontz Lake and the Koontz Lake area has always been my "home".



Proverbs 3:29-35
"Do not plot harm against your neighbor,
who lives trustfully near you.

Do not accuse a man for no reason--
when he has done you no harm.

Do not envy a violent man
or choose any of his ways,

for the LORD detests a perverse man
but takes the upright into his confidence.

The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked,
but he blesses the home of the righteous.

He mocks proud mockers
but gives grace to the humble.

The wise inherit honor,
but fools he holds up to shame."


No comments:

Post a Comment